- Plaid ® Hot Glue Gun Helpers
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Jamaican Sea, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Mediums - Crackle Medium, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Turquoise, 2 oz.
Easter egg shape (wood or real)
Loose bristle paintbrush
1. Using a foam paintbrush, paint the eggs with Turquoise paint. Allow to dry for 3 full hours. Top-coat with a layer of Crackle Medium. Allow to dry for 2 hours.
2. Load a paintbrush with Jamaican Sea paint. (use lots of paint) Begin at the top of the egg and work towards the base. Working in one direction, paint a thick coat over the egg. Work quickly and don’t go over your paintbrush strokes once the crackle begins. As the paint dries, the crackle will begin. Allow to dry.
Project Tip: When painting round objects, paint one side first and wait for it to dry before painting the other side.
3. Hot glue a palm-full of moss to the center of the nest. Hot glue the egg into the nest.